BC Poultry Frequently Asked Questions
What is my farm name?
- Farm names and license numbers are provided by the commodities. The name will be exactly as it is registered with the commodity, including any periods or comma
Can I register myself and my staff at the same time?
- Yes, you can register a group by clicking on “Add another person” on the booking summary page of your first registration.
Why is my fee no longer the reduced rate?
- Each license and farm have 2 reduced rate registrations. If someone else had used it, the system will automatically charge the normal rate for the remaining attendees. If you enter you farm name and license and get all the way to the payment page, but don’t complete the registration, this will be considered 1 use. In this situation, please contact MCI, they will be able to complete the registration with you, or cancel the incomplete registration, allowing you to use 2 registrations.
I registered but I haven’t received my confirmation or invoice.
- Check your junk mail in case it has been filtered in there. If not, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to forward you a copy for your records.
I have input incorrect information and need to update a name/address etc.
- No problem, you can find the link to make changes to your registration in your email confirmation.
I want to attend an AGM only; do I have to register?
- You do not have to register for the conference. Follow the instructions from your specific commodity. All contact information for specific commodities can be found here.
I want to attend the AGM and the gala dinner, do I have to register?
- Only conference attendees have access to purchase Gala Dinner tickets. However, if you know a conference attendee they may purchase a ticket on your behalf.
My colleague / partner wants to join me for the social events, do I need to purchase a full conference for them?
- Delegates can purchase a social ticket for any accompanying persons. A social ticket ($125) includes access to the Welcome Reception and Exhibitor Reception only. Gala Dinner Tickets can also be purchased at $175.
I made a reservation at the hotel but I need to make amendments.
- All hotel reservations are managed by the hotel. You will need to contact the Sheraton directly to make changes.
On my hotel reservation, I made a request for a certain room location. Is it guaranteed?
- The hotel will attempt to accommodate requests, but they are not guaranteed. Rooms are assigned on arrival and so if you wish to be in a particular location we recommend you check in as close to check in time as possible. If you have any questions regarding your reservation, please contact the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel directly at: (604) 331 1000.
Where do I park?
- The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre hotel offers both underground self-parking and valet services - height restriction (1.93m). Attendees who book their guestrooms under the 2018 BC Poultry Conference block will receive a discounted overnight self-parking rate of $20/night over the event dates
- Parking space availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. While there is ample parking at the hotel, please note that availability is not guaranteed. If the parking lot at the hotel is full, there are parking garages within walking distance. For directions on how to get to the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, click here.
All general conference information can be found online at http://www.bcpoultryconference.ca